There are official holidays in many countries in May. Usually I do my best to use this time and organize short trips somewhere. But I decided to have home-style holidays at this time with an intensive eco, healthy schedule. I am going to:
- Read books and prepare new information for my blog.
- Enjoy massage and new hair-cut;
- Cook new main dishes and deserts. We eat at home at least 80% of the total numbers of meals. And we are going to follow the same way during holidays;
- Go for family gym workouts and tennis. And practicing new workout program;
- Meditate with Headspace app daily;
- Practice yoga at home every morning;
Yesterday I tried to make a new raw desert for us: coconut and nuts cake with mango. There are three different levels in this cake, which I put in a silicone mold of the shape for banana bread. And then put it in the freeze for a night.
Lower brown layer:
- Almonds grounded in a blender – 100 g;
- Raisins – 100 g;
- Some water;
- Raw cacao powder – 2 tbs.
Middle white layer:
- Cashews, pre-soak in water for 2 hours – 100 g;
- Coconut milk to taste;
- Dried coconut to taste.
- The same ingredients like in a white layer;
- Mango – 1 piece (you can replaced mango by berries or other fruit which gives you a color).
You should blend all ingredients for each layers and lay our in a mold in the queue. I have read many different similar recipes in the Internet before. All of them said you should keep your desert in a freezer for 4–6 hours or overnight. So I did. It is also recommended to out a desert in a room temperature for 10–15 minutes before serving. But we tried this cold desert and due to our family council came to the conclusion this is not a good idea to eat a quite cold food for the digestion. Therefore, the desert was sent in the refrigerator defrosted naturally slow for a half a day. We guessed it! The cake turned into a soft and delicate mass of layers with a variety of flavors!